Thursday, February 25, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 26

“He’s in apartment 306.” Dina pointed her light towards the door.


I walked towards it, pulling a small, heavy crowbar from my backpack. I tried to knob. Locked. I reared back, giving the door a hard kick. It gave easily, the thin, cheap wood cracking under the pressure.


I looked at Dina, and she nodded.


We headed into the apartment.


It was a studio apartment, with a small bed pushed to the left side of the room, and an easy chair in the right corner. The sound of computers humming was only slightly louder than the intense buzzing of flies.


The air was stale and rank, the smell of rotted human flesh and God only knew what else smacked me in the face.


I shined the light towards the bed. My stomach lurched.


It was Randy.


His chest was ripped open, his face rotting away. Flies seemed to fill the gory chasm in the middle of his torso.


“Oh God.” I turned, my hand going over my mouth.


“Holy shit!” Dina stepped back, bumping into me.


I looked up, and saw that she had her light pointed towards the easy chair.

When I saw what she was looking at, I nearly screamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment