Friday, February 13, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 16

We met at Lilac Park, in the center of downtown Wheaton.
As I climbed those familiar steps, towards another relic from my not so distant, demonic past, I cringed.

Had it really come to this? 

Was I getting pulled back into the world of the supernatural again?

I was a woman of reason, of science, of fact.
The supernatural didn’t allow for any of that. 

Yet here I was, walking up those steps, to the central garden of Lilac park.
I was going to met someone who had faced demonic forces that I probably could never even imagine.

I could see Ashtyn from the top of the stairs. 
She sat at a bench, watching the people passing her. 
She looked good, happy.  Her skin was sun kissed. 

She looked like someone who could help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment