Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trying to be Positive: A memory I constantly return to...

So, while thinking about everything that has been going on, I have found myself focusing on the negative.  Yet, I know that it wasn't all bad.  Most of it was pretty good, actually.  The problem is that those negatives are SO strong, so powerful, that they overtake my thoughts.  So, for a change, I focus on those memories that still make me smile.  You know the ones.  They may not be anything major, or anything life changing.  Most of the times they are little blips in the grand scheme of things, but when looked at closely they seem to glow so bright that you can't help but feel uplifted by them. 

This is one memory that still makes me smile. 

Working on Playboy Club was tough. Everyone was exhausted, missing their families, their lives, their freedom, and since most of the show was shot on a dark soundstage, people were missing seeing the sun. 

Still, every night, while Michelle, the 2nd2nd AD would finish up her paperwork, and Felicia, the production secretary, would email off the last of the production notes for the day, I would head up to the office and talk to them.  One night, after a particularly brutal day, we were all sitting around, and for some reason we started discussing The Golden Girls. 

I don't know how it started, or why, but all I know is that the discussion led to all three of us singing the theme song. 

Nothing can put a smile on my face faster then hearing that familiar music and the lyrics "Thank you for being a friend" sung with the conviction only a 90's TV theme song could muster.

It sounds so silly and so simple, but it's moments like that, that I never want to let go. 

So, to Michelle and Felicia, thank you for that memory, for that brief moment where we all seemed to forget about the crazy that was surrounding us, and we just acted goofy for a few minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment