Thursday, November 20, 2014

Eye See You: Randy pt. 6


“So, what makes you think that one of us sent this to you?”

My roommate, Dave, sat on the couch, his laptop propped up on his knees.  He was a slob, a slug, and my best friend.  He also wasn’t someone who liked playing pranks. 

“That shit is beneath me.”  He laughed.  No, he snorted. 

I knew he wouldn’t have been the one.  It didn’t feel like something he would do.  I couldn’t explain it to Bella earlier, and I couldn’t explain it to Dave now. 

It felt mean.  It felt… angry. 

The messages didn’t contain enough to confirm what my feelings, but they were there, and I knew they were right. 

“I could try and backtrack it for you.”  Dave held out his hand, his fingers wiggling, waiting for me to give him my phone. 

I didn’t have much of a choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment