Thursday, November 27, 2014

Eye See You: Randy pt. 8


I ran out of that apartment so fast. 

My feet carried me down the three flights of stairs from the walk up that Dave and I shared.  They carried me across the chipped tile in the lobby, and out of the cracked glass door that kept the outside out. 

Cold air slapped my face. 

I was scared. 

I didn’t want to admit it, but I was scared. 

I hadn’t sent those messages to myself.  I hadn’t…

Had I?

Was it possible that I didn’t remember? 

“That isn’t the original list.”  Her voice was a chirp. 

Janelle had followed me home. 

“How did you know?” My voice was shaking. 

She held up her phone.  On the glowing screen, there was a picture of me. 

“You’ll get them soon.  Videos, too.” She looked away.  “You won’t like the videos.”

She turned, walking away from me.  “Sorry about all of this.” 

I screamed at her, asking her if she was the one sending me the messages.  Why would she do something like that?

“I didn’t send them.”  She didn’t stop walking.  “I’m still sorry, though.” 

She was gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment