Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 25

Randy began to stir on the bed.  He groaned, rolling to his side, then slowly sat up.  I watched him, unable to do anything, to help him.

The Unknown Sender watched me. 

He groaned again, and then looked up at me.  “Luke? Luke, where am I?” 

I tried to answer, but found that my jaw was being forced closed. 

“How are you…” Randy’s eyes went wide. He turned his head, finally seeing the other person in the room. 

“Hello, Randy.” The Unknown Sender turned, looking at him. 

I wanted to scream, to jump in and grab Randy.  I wanted to get him out of there, away from that psycho, and the Digital Void and the whole fucking mess I had created. 

I wanted to, but I couldn’t.  I was helpless, trapped and forced to watch.  I was useless. 

Randy looked back at me, his face now drained of color.  He opened his mouth to speak, then froze.  His eyes scrunched up in pain. 

I glanced from him, then to the Unknown Sender. That bastard winked at me. I looked back at Randy, who appeared just as frozen as I was.

Randy’s chest exploded, his bones and organs ripping apart, spraying the room, splattering the lantern, casting opaque red shadows over everything.  His body jerked once, the giant hole in his torso expelling the remains of whatever hadn’t already been forcefully ejected, and then he went limp, collapsing onto the mattress, the impact of his body sending up a small splash of blood. 


My jaw unlocked, and I screamed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment