Thursday, November 26, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 26

The Unknown Sender stood up and walked towards me.  It wasn’t until he was a few feet in front of me that I could see that he had no blood on him.  There was blood everywhere else, and on everything else, but he was completely clean. 
                                                         
His visage flickered, shifted out like digital noise, then returned to a solid state.  He didn’t speak, he just kept walking towards me. 

My eyes searched him, looking for some hint at what fate awaited me.  Then I spotted it, in his right hand.  A long USB cable was clutched in his fist, the jack dangling. 

“Time to get you plugged in Luke.” He was in front of me now, as if his actions had skipped a few frames.  “This may hurt.” 

Wires burst from the walls, wrapping around my wrists and ankles, tying me down and holding me in place.  He slowly began raising his hand, moving the head of the USB cable towards my temple. 

I tried to scream, but nothing came out.  I couldn’t even move my mouth.  My eyes darted from the Unknown Sender and Randy’s still, lifeless body slumped over on the small bed. 

I had so many questions, I had so much I wanted to yell at him, but I would never get the chance.  I was done. 
I felt a hard pressure against my temple, then felt the skin rip, part and something cold and metal slide into me. 

Then the room went black.

**

When my vision returned I felt nothing.  There was no pain, no sensation at all.  I was in my body, but it felt more like a container than anything I was actually connected to. 

The Unknown Sender was gone, but I wasn’t alone. Others stood across from me, watching me.  They knew me. 

Bella and Randy were whole again, but didn’t truly appear alive.  Their skin was waxy and pale, their eyes a milky, bluish white.  They watched me. 

“You’ll be safe here.” Bella was the first to speak.  When she opened her mouth she revealed black, rotted teeth.  “No one comes in this building, so no one will disturb your connection.” 

I tried to nod, but found that I no longer controlled my body.  It was just a holding cell for my consciousness. 

“You should head into the Void now.” Randy spoke, his voice flat. “Sender is waiting for you.”

Without thought I felt myself drift out of my brain and into the cord that connected me to the laptop.  As I slipped out of the real world and into the digital the room seemed to pull away from me, ripping away into nothing but darkness and streaks of colorful, neon light. 

As I slipped into the Void I also felt that I had left something behind.  I no longer felt my body, yes, but I also felt no emotions either.  I had been stripped of everything that had held me back before.  I was now a program.  No, not just a program.  I was…


I was Virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment