Monday, October 21, 2013

The Blog is Not Dead!

Yes, I have been absent for a while.  Mainly it's because real life kind of took over, and as much as I would love to sit here and blog all about my recent experiences, sometimes you have to live it instead of reporting on it. 

Big changes mean that some things end up falling away, or to the side.  Work on my second game has been delayed (it is still happening though.  Just a lot slower then I would like), and the job hunt has turned into me deciding to go back to school. 

Life is never simple.  That is something I keep learning over and over again.  Just when things seem to be settling, everything suddenly gets turned on it's ear again, and there you are, wondering where the hell the road is leading.  This isn't always a bad thing, though.  Sometimes you need to get your world knocked around to see what's important. 

So, enough about my personal stuff.  On to the game updates. 

Alternate Lives is still happening.  The story is a lot larger then I had originally planned, and because of that more work is required to make all the different paths fit together nicely.  It is very easy to let these types of things overwhelm you when you are working on something alone, but just like everything else, you need to power through and get it done.  I just don't want to rush the game, and release something that I'm not happy with. 

Now, I do have a question dear readers.  If I was going to release the game through a pay site, like DLSite, how much would you be willing to pay?  If at all.  Alternate Lives will be released as a free game, but the next game I have planned may not be.  These games do cost some money, and I would like to try and cover some of the costs.  Let me know what you!

No comments:

Post a Comment