Friday, July 5, 2013

A Boost of Confidence

I know making visual novels will never be a career, but seeing the response (some good, some not so good) to the game actually feels pretty damn good.

This was my first attempt at doing something like this, and I understand it isn't perfect (far from it).  It's still awesome to see that people are actually playing it.  Even if they don't really like it, they are experiencing something I created, and put hours of work into.  That is something I'm not very used to.

I'm used to creating stuff.  Writing it, and filing it away, promising to do something with it some day.  To finally release something and then get any kind of response, including having someone do a comical video about it, is more then I would have ever expected.

*Here is a link to the video.  It's Age Restricted, so heads up.  Lots of foul language and tentacles.
Accidental Demon Slayers Video

Has the response to the game been extremely positive?  Eh.  It's been mixed.  That's to be expected.  All that means is that I have to work to do better on the next one.  (And right now I really want to do a next one).

So, to everyone who downloaded the game, thank you.  To ChristTanarium for doing the video, thank you even more.  It may not have been your cup of tea, but holy crap did your video crack me up.

Nothing like a little shot in the arm to get you off your ass and realize it is possible to get people to check out what I spent months working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment