Monday, July 1, 2013

Perspective

So far on this blog I have talked about my "struggles" at finding a new career, and a new path in life.  I wax poetic about "finding the right path" or muse about things that may give me comfort in this "time of uncertainty".  Basically I have been whining... a lot.

Now, that's basically why I created the blog, so I could whine, and do it the best I can.  Personally, I see nothing wrong with letting yourself have a nice little outlet for your own issues (even in a public forum).  Still, it is important to keep things in perspective.

In the grand scheme of things, I am very blessed.  I have a family that loves me, and supports me.  I am surrounded by amazing people, and have been given pretty much anything I have ever asked for in life.  I have wanted for very little.  I have, what I would describe, as a pretty damn good life.

So, why am I writing this?  Easy.  I read the news today.  Nothing puts ones own problems in perspective faster then reading the news.  19 Firemen were killed trying to put out an out of control blaze.  Countless dead in politically motivated attacks around the globe.  People are losing their lives.

So, when I write this, understand, I am not unhappy with my life.  Far from it.  I am happy, and I have every reason to be happy.  I have so much, and I refuse to put on blinders and just focus on the negative.  What I am is frustrated.

You can still be happy and frustrated, because frustration does not equal unhappiness.  Frustration equals a want to do more, to accomplish more, to better ones self so that they can be the best they can be.

Frustration is a good thing.  Wallowing in self pity, ignoring the enormous pain and suffering around you while howling about minor injury to your ego is not.  It would be like claiming a splinter in your finger is just as bad, if not worse, then a gunshot wound to the chest.

So, to sum this rambling, stiffly written post up, be frustrated.  That's fine.  That's normal.  That frustration will be the fuel to push you forward in life, but do not ignore the pain and suffering in the world around you, that will push you down a very dark and destructive path.



No comments:

Post a Comment