Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Buzz Fades...

So, the initial rush of releasing Accidental Demon Slayers has passed.  That high I was feeling when I saw the initial reaction to the game has faded.  My blog is still getting a steady stream of hits off of people checking out ADS, but that excitement has subsided. 

That isn't a bad thing.  That just means I need to keep working, and keep writing.  I want to feel that rush again.  I want to create something else that people will experience. 

So, I've started writing another game.  I'm still working on my comic scripts.  I'm going to sit down and finish rewriting my kids book.  Even though I spend my 9 to 5 working at my dad's law office, my mind is always on writing and creating. 

Some people will tell you that it is near impossible to make money off of being a writer.  I would have to agree.  The stars have to align so perfectly for that to happen, and the occurrence is so rare that it can frustrate the strongest of people.  Honestly, it can crush your confidence and shatter your spirit.  Only if you let it, though.

The thing is... that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.  No matter what it is you should keep at it.  Writing, acting, directing, painting, etc. All creative fields are difficult to break into, to actually make a living at, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.  If you love it, you will wake up thinking about it, go to sleep thinking about it, dream about, lose sleep over it.  Just because you may not turn out to be the next Stephen King doesn't mean you have to give up on what you love.  It just means you have to work harder then before, and if it's something you really love, you'll enjoy every minute of it.  You will enjoy every drop of blood, sweat and tears that falls from you. 

Writing, acting, painting, drawing... all of that.  They aren't just a potential job, or a career.  They are a passion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment