Monday, July 29, 2013

Writer's Block

I have been sitting here, staring at the computer, wondering what exactly to write.  I have ideas, some about my own past, and my pending ten year high school reunion.  Other thoughts go towards the Pope, and the simple sentence he spoke that has the chance to change one of the most powerful churches in the world. 

I have all these ideas, and I swear to God, in my head they are all amazingly deep and thoughtful.  The problem is, the second I try and type them out, to make them form, they stumble and stutter and die horribly. 

I think that is one of my greatest problems.  There is a gap between my brain and my hands, and sometimes my mouth.  In my mind I may have formed a wonderful argument about something, and yet once I try to bring that argument out of my brain and into the world, it shrivels up and bursts into flames, like a vampire in sunlight (and no, it does not sparkle...). 

This isn't always the issue.  There are days where I have somehow managed to temporarily bridge that gap, and can express myself with ease.  I love those days.  Those days are the ones where I feel most calm, most relaxed.  I don't worry about what I'm saying sounding "right".  I just know that they will, and that people will understand me. 

Then there are days like today. 

Today my brain has decided it doesn't want to put forth the effort to push my ideas out, and into the world.  It doesn't see the point in sharing.  On days like today my head just doesn't have the energy.  Then those memories and ideas and thoughts and arguments start to back up.  My whole brain gets stopped up. 

These are the days that lead to migraines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment