Monday, July 8, 2013

Chugging Along

Monday comes and it's back to an in between job. 

What is an in between job? 

It's one of those jobs you take between doing what you really feel you should be doing.  The problem is, this in between job is between doing something I can't stand, and not knowing what I'm doing next.  I'm in between a rock and a chasm. 

A hard place would actually be nice.  A solid idea of what I'm facing next.  Right now I'm looking into a giant, hazy abyss with now clue as how to get across.  I have ideas for my own, personal projects.  I know I want to do another game, and that I want to keep working on my comic scripts.  I want to keep writing.

The issue is money. 

Could I make money off of writing a visual novel, or working on a comic book?  Not unless I got a whole lot better a whole lot faster, and was able to create a product that I thought people would actually pay money for.  Even then, would I be able to sell enough product to actually make a decent wage?  I doubt it highly.  My style (aside from being rather weird and not quite polished) is not exactly what one would call mass-market. 

So people tell me to get a job and write on the side.  Turn something I love into a hobby.  It makes sense.  It makes tons of sense.  It just makes my stomach twist into a giant knot.  I know the reality of the situation.  It doesn't mean I have to like it. 

So I'll keep on working on my personal projects, and keep wishing that what I love is what I could do for the rest of my life. 

On a side note... I blame the rain for my sudden bout of whining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment