Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Being Productive

So, during my down time since my last TV job I wasn't entirely unproductive.  While it is fun to be introspective and all of that, it is also a good idea to actually attempt to accomplish something, even if it is just for yourself.  I wrote not one, but two children's books (which aren't ready to be seen by the public), and I did something else I've always wanted to do.

I made a visual novel.

What is a visual novel?  It's a simplified adventure game structured similar to a Choose Your Own Adventure book.  I've been a fan of the visual novel style of game since I was in high school, so when I learned that making one didn't require me to be a programing wizard, I sat down and started writing.

I also suck at thinking up character names, so... I named all the characters after people in my life.

Enough chatting.  Here is a link to my drop box so you, yes you, can download the pretty much finished game.

Accidental Demon Slayers Download

Just a heads up.  The game includes strong language, adult subject matter, and implied tentacles (couldn't find any stock art tentacles...).

If anyone does end up playing the game I would really appreciate the feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment