Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Power of Frustration

I have more failed, incomplete projects then I do finished, whole works. Sure, I finish a few, but for everyone that gets done, at least five land in the "Epic Fail" pile. 

Does that mean I give up all together? Never! To admit defeat would mean giving up on something that I am passionate about. Sure, it drives me nuts, frustrates me to no end, but it pushes me to try and get more and more projects done. 

This ends up being how I handle things in my life. I let myself get to the point where I want to scream, and then I grit my teeth and push forward. I say "screw it" and dive head first into whatever unknown future I may find. 

The only exception to this rule is finding a job. I'm frustrated, but I'm also scared. Scared that I'll make the wrong choice again, and then have to start over again. 

This isn't a process I wish to go through multiple times! 

So I'm just wondering how long it'll be till I just say screw it, and leap. How long will all this "soul searching" last before the fear fades and I take a chance? 

Well, at least I finished my video game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment