Thursday, March 3, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 28

“Don’t let him die!” Janelle was looking at me, panicked.
“I don’t think I have much say in the matter.” I looked at her, no longer surprised by anything at this point. The least of all, talking to a ghost in a computer monitor.


Suddenly Dina’s phone started vibrating wildly in her pocket.


“Call an ambulance. Now. I opened up a safe link to 911.” Janelle was eye the twitching man on the floor. “If he dies, then we are all royally fucked.”


Dina didn’t wait for another prompt, and dialed 911. I listened as she repeated the address. While she was busy doing that, I knelt next to the fading man that had once been the Unknown Sender.


“I need to be… in the Void.” His eyes were unfocused. “I need to be back in the…”


I looked around the room for the cable that had connected him to his computers. I couldn’t find it anywhere.


“An ambulance is on its way,” said Dina.


I glanced back at the Unknown Sender. His eyes were still open, but they weren’t seeing anything. His chest was still, and he was already feeling cold to the touch.


“What?” Dina looked at me.


“We’re fucked.”




No comments:

Post a Comment