Monday, March 21, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: First Dates pt. 8

“So?” Regina poked me from across the table. “How’s it going? Total disaster?” 

I opened my eyes, smiling. “Nope.”

“Nope?  There is no way that Gus and Raven could…”

I motioned with my head towards their table.  “Look for yourself.”

Regina glanced over, and her look went from complete surprise to a nasty scowl.  “Damn.”

I could hear Raven’s laugh over the sound of the café, and I couldn’t help but smile.  He was doing it.  Gus was actually having a good date, and I didn’t have to hold his hand through the entire thing. 

“Come on.” I stood up. “We don’t need to babysit anymore.”

Regina looked up at me, stunned. “But what if it goes wrong?  Don’t you want to swoop in and play hero?” 

I shook my head. “If it goes south, than it wasn’t meant to be.  All I know is that, right now, Gus is doing just fine, and he doesn’t need the two of us meddling like two supernatural mother hens.” 

Regina puffed out her cheeks in frustration, but she still stood up and followed me out of the café.

Once we were outside we both walked back towards our building in silence.  When we were about a block away I finally spoke. 

“So, you really thought he would go out with someone named Skull Crusher?” I glanced at Regina, a small smile on my lips.

“Well, Skull Crusher isn’t her real name.”

“And her real name?”

“Helga…”

“Helga, Queen of the Glass Tables.” I shook my head.  “I still don’t understand how a person’s love for a specific type of furniture could put them on your radar.”

Regina burst out laughing. 

“What?” I looked at her, supremely confused.

“It isn’t the table itself, but what they do on those tables.” She put her arm around my shoulder.  “You see, when two people really love each other, one of them eats a whole lot of fiber, and then…”

I held up my hand, the mention of fiber instantly hinting at where that whole story was going. “I got it. I’m good.”

“If you say so.”  She giggled.

“How do you meet these people, anyways?”

“I… kind of got a job at the dungeon Raven and Skull Crusher work at.” Regina bit her lip. “Seemed like the perfect place for me to meet potential dates for our little Gus Gus, and maybe have a little fun of my own on the side.”

“I…” I paused, “I think that sounds like the perfect job for you.” 

“My work as a dominatrix is angel approved?” She slapped me on the back. “What the hell is this world coming to?”

I couldn’t help it.  I started to laugh. 


In a weird way, Regina and I were growing closer.  It didn’t make sense.  She was a demon, and I was angel, but in our quest to guide Gus’s life we had become friends. Stranger things had happened, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment