Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 33

Dina had left, and now I was alone.  My room was dark, the only light coming from the street lamps outside.

As tired as I was, I couldn’t get to sleep. My brain was rushing a mile a minute, and I was still processing everything I had learned that day.  I couldn’t get the image of that block, those empty houses, out of my mind. 

Except the houses weren’t empty. Not all of them. No, the residents were still there, rotting away, and somehow no one noticed.  That was what bothered me even more.  How had no one managed to find an entire city block filled with rotting corpses?

I sighed, rolling onto my side.

I heard the door to my hospital room slowly creak open.  I rolled over, expecting to see one of the nurses standing there, ready to take my vitals for the hundredth time that day. 

Albert May stood over my bed, eyes wide and crazy.  He was looking at me, his withered lips pulled back in grimace. 

“I need to get back to the Void!” He howled.

Then he lunged at the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment