Monday, March 14, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: First Dates pt. 7

I closed my eyes, and focused in completely.  Not even Regina’s digs could distract me.  I shut out all the other noise in the cafĂ©, and soon I could only hear the sound of Raven and Gus’s voices. 

“Here we go,” I whispered to myself.

-*-

“So, I’m surprised that you asked me out again.” Raven had a slight smile on her face. 

Gus had to admit that she had a very beautiful smile, and her eyes… They were kind eyes. Maybe Missy had been right. 

“I guess I had just been kind of surprised when I found out about your… well, your…” He couldn’t think of anything to say that wouldn’t make him sound like a jerk.

“My hobby?” She let out a soft laugh.  “Most guys get scared off.”

“Yeah, I guess it scared me a little, but you sound like a really nice person, and…” He paused, collecting his words. “And I wanted to get to know you better.  I don’t think it’s fair to judge someone based on one aspect of who they are.  People are complex.  No one is just one thing.” 

He had no idea where that came from, but as he said it he was surprised at how much he believed it.  So what if Raven was a dominatrix.  She was a whole lot more than that.  Missy had said as much before he had left.  She was more than just ball gags and whips. 

“So, why don’t you tell me a bit about yourself.” Raven sat back, and it was obvious to Gus that she had started to relax.

“Well,” he cleared his throat, “I guess you could say I’m pretty boring.  I work at a book store, live with roommates…” He stopped himself before blurting out that one of his roommates was his guardian angel.  He was pretty sure that not even Raven would get that one. 

“You like books?” Her face seemed to light up.

He nodded. “Yeah.  I love books. I’m really grateful for me job, honestly.”

“How so?”

“I… well, I love helping people find that perfect book.  It sounds really cheesy, but nothing makes me happier.  I like being that guide through the world of literature.  I like being that person that helps my customers find their great escape.” 

“Now, that doesn’t sound boring to me.” She reached out, her hand resting on Gus’s.  “That sounds pretty amazing.”

Gus could feel his face growing hot, and he knew he was blushing, but it didn’t matter.  At that moment he couldn’t have been happier.  


No comments:

Post a Comment