Friday, March 4, 2016

Tentacle University 2: The Sorority pt. 3

Stephen caught up with Rachel outside of the Administration Building.  She was walking quickly, her face red with rage.  

“Rachel,” he picked up his pace, trying to get next to her. “Rachel, please wait.”

She stopped, spinning around so fast that Stephen actually yelped.  “Is everything you said up there true?”

Stephen nodded.

“Then you didn’t take those pictures?” Her eyes locked onto his.

“I didn’t take them.” Stephen held up his hands.  “I know what you think of me, and I know what you think of my house, but I would never have done anything like that, especially not to someone like Bethany.”  

“Like Bethany?”

“She was a good person.  I… I really liked her. When everything had started up, I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn’t listen.  I know how it looked, and I don’t blame her for shutting me out, but everything I showed the Dean, and everything I said up there is true.  Someone has been spying on us.” He took a deep breath.  “I just thought…”

“You thought the Dean would do something about it?” She laughed. “Do you know how many meetings I’ve had with him about this stuff?  Not just the photos.  I’ve been in there over sexual assaults, abusive boyfriends and girlfriends.  Every time I bring up something that needs to be dealt with he shuts me down. I know you aren’t use to it, Stephen, but that asshole does not give a shit about this school.”

“So what do we do about it?” He was in awe of her rage.

“I… I don’t know.” She looked away, strands of her long, black hair blowing onto her face. He could see the frustration in her green eyes, and the way she clenched her jaw.  “I’ll think of something.”

“Then let me help.” Stephen reached out, stopping short of putting his hand on her shoulder. “Please.”

She glanced at him, and then turned, leaving him in the Quad without an answer, and without any idea how to move forward.

For the first time in his life, he felt useless.  He had tried to make things right.  He had tried to give the school the tools they needed to bring the Greek Row’s digital stalker to justice, but just like Rachel had said, the school had done nothing, 


He needed a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment