Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pom Pom Angel: Love Rescue pt. 6


Gus and Nando stood over Missy’s passed out body.  They looked at each other, then back down to her, and to the wings sprouting out of her back.  She didn’t have a halo, and Gus was pretty sure that angels had halos, but he couldn’t be totally sure because… well, he had never actually seen an angel. 

“Is it dead?” Nando nudged the girl with his foot.  “I didn’t think that stuff would kill her.” 

The girl gave out a muffled moan. 

“I think she’s coming around.”  Gus could feel the tension that had been building in his shoulders release.  He didn’t know what he would do with a dead angel, or whatever the hell she was. 

Nando leaned down, looking at Missy’s face.  “She looks okay.  Maybe a little stunned, but…” 

Without warning Missy’s fist shot up, crashing into Nando’s face, sending him sprawling onto his back. 

“Who the hell gases a pretty girl?”  She sat up, rubbing her head.  “It got in my mouth.  I can taste the deathy poison.”  She gagged. 

Gus stood there, stunned.  His mind hadn’t finished processing everything he had seen in the park, and now he had a very pissed off angel type being sitting on his floor, coming out of a gas induced coma, and his roommate was sprawled out, flat on his ass, dazed and confused after getting knocked one by said angelic-esque creature.

“She doesn’t hit like an angel.” Nando’s voice was muffled by the sound of his hands covering his most likely bloody nose.  “She hits like a fricken freight train.” 

“Well, I am an angel!”  The girl crawled to her feet.  “The wings didn’t tip you off?” 

“I’m sorry, I just…” Gus was stammering.  He was too stunned to form full words.  “Why are you… what are you doing… how is this…” 

The girl shook her head, then she straightened up, fluffed her pigtails, straightened the skirt of her cheerleading uniform, and held out her hand.  She had a big, goofy grin on her face, and other than her bloodshot eyes, she looked as chipper as she had before.  “I’m Missy, your guardian angel!” 

Gus took her hand and shook it.  “Gus.” 

“I know.” She gave him a not so light punch in the shoulder.  “I’m here to help you.” 

“Help me with what?” Gus’s head was spinning a mile a minute.  He was pretty sure he would be passing out at this rate. 

“Find true love, of course.”  At the sound of Nando’s low, pained moan, Missy turned. “Is he okay? I didn’t mean to hit him that hard.  It was just, well, you did kind of run away from me, and then he did kind of gas me.  I guess me emotions got the better of me.” 

It was like watching Jekyll and Hyde.  A few moments ago she had been cursing and hitting, but now she was all gosh golly and gee willikers.  It would have been funny if it weren’t all so terrifying. 

“I’m fine.”  Nando held up a thumbs up.  “Just going to lay here and drown in my own blood for a few more seconds.” 

“Is this really happening?”  Gus looked from Nando, then to Missy. 

“Yep!” 

Shit.  That was the only word that would come to Gus’s mind.  Like his life hadn’t been messy enough before.  Now he had a bi-polar, angelic cheerleader trying to find him true love.  He thought he had it bad with his mother always trying to set him up, but at that moment, looking at Missy, he realized that he had it easy with his mom. 

Shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment