Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Arc that just wouldn't quit! Plus so much more!

So, that ended up going on a whole lot longer then I had expected.  40 parts!  I had never planned this story to be this long, but I have to admit, I had a blast writing it!

I hope you all enjoyed Daughter of Darkness.  I'm already planning the next arc as I type this.  I'm hoping to do something a little lighter, a little more fun, and a little more focused on the romantic lives of the Accidental Demon Slayers crew, while also supplying the over to top supernatural action.  The next arc will be called... Melody of Light.

I say I hope, because if Daughter of Darkness taught me anything, it's that a story can sometimes just take on a life of it's own.  The original plan I had for the story was nowhere near as violent, or shocking as it ended up being.  Still, I think it's time to rebuild the characters after breaking them down in the last two arcs.  Personally, it will be nice for me to take things a little slower, and let the characters relationships grow a bit.

Also, as a little test, I am adding another serial to the blog.  Posting once a week, on Wednesdays, will be a new series called Pom Pom Angel.  The first arc will be called Love Rescue.  Pom Pom Angel is a more... Square Zero take on the helpful 'goddess of love story'.  By Square Zero, I mean... kind of insane.  I've only just started the series, but so far I'm having a blast writing it.  Plus, it's nice to take a break from the more serious and violent Accidental Demon Slayers and write something that's more upbeat, and comical.   I'll be watching the numbers on Wednesday, and if Pom Pom Angel seems like it's holding readers, then I'll keep it going (but no matter what the first arc will be finished, mostly because I am to finish the arc before the first part even posts.)

So, join me next week as we start Accidental Demon Slayers: Melody of Light and Pom Pom Angel: Love Rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment