Friday, October 31, 2014

New Series Announcement!

So, because I can't help but take on even more writing projects, I will be adding a news series to the blog starting on November 4th.  The series will be posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which means I am now posting five times a week! Oh dear Lordy, this is going to be interesting.

Eye See You is my take on a cellphone novel.  The story, blending the cellphone novel style with my favorite genre, horror, follows several people who start receiving odd text messages from an unknown source.  The message... that someone is watching them, and that whoever receives the messages are living on borrowed time.

For those not familiar with the cellphone novel style, here is a quick rundown.  Cellphone Novels started in Japan as a simple, poetic story telling style that was distributed on... cellphones!  The short chapters, usually under 200 words, are written to be easily read on cellphone screens, with minimal to no scrolling.  The style is simplified, focusing on emotion and plot twists over long passages of description.

Am I going to be following the style perfectly?  Probably not.  The cellphone novels that I have seen tend to focus more on relationship drama and teenage characters, with a heavy emphasis on free form poetry as well as using spacing and white space to help evoke a specific mood or cadence to the writing.

While I do plan on sticking to the word count, I am still adjusting to the more poetic, less concrete style of writing. Also, one of my general rules is to not let style and format get in the way of storytelling. Hence me referring to this as "my take" on a cellphone novel.

More importantly, I am really enjoying telling this story.  Each post will be much shorter than my regular stories, which is part of the reason I am willing to take on a third series.  Also, this is the first time I'll be working with other authors!  Yep, this series will have co-authors, or at least, that is the plan right now.  I will announce who those authors are when their part of the story begins.

So, starting November 4th check out Eye See You, here on Square Zero!
More announcements to come in the coming months, so keep checking the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment