Friday, December 19, 2014

A Shake Up for the New Year!

So, as we finish up 2014 and enter 2015, there are going to be some pretty big changes happening on this blog in regards to the serials.


The first big change is that Pom Pom Angel will be going on hiatus after the current arc ends next week.  In its place I will be starting a new series, Ruins, which is connected to Accidental Demon Slayers, but I won't be revealing how just yet.  While I enjoyed writing Pom Pom Angel, and have grown to really love the characters in the series, I don't want to make the same mistake that I made with Love Rescue, which is going in without a clear storyline. So, instead I'm going to continue to work on creating a new arc for the series, and release another series that I have been developing for a while.

The second major change concerns Accidental Demon Slayers.

This one is tough for me, but as I look forward into the series, I realize that its a change I need to make.  Accidental Demon Slayers, as it is being written now, will be ending with the Melody of Light arc. That isn't to say the series will be over and done with.  Not by a long shot. The series will be transforming.  Starting next week Accidental Demon Slayers will be replaced with a new series called Letters from the Dead. The series will focus on Felicia, the headmistress of Wheaton Prep, and one of my favorite characters from the game.  The Demon Slayers crew will still play a part in the series, but as I work to expand the Accidental Demon Slayers universe, I am finding myself making major changes to how the stories are being told. Part of doing that is changing how I'm telling my stories, and who I am telling them through.  I have been writing Accidental Demon Slayers for just over a year now, and I can already feel my brain settling into a familiar, dulling rhythm with the series.  To keep things fresh for myself, and for you the readers, I need to step back, and rethink how I view the world of these characters, as well as the stories that I want to tell.

The third, and most noticeable change to the blog will be the length of the story posts. Yep, all my new series will be adopting the cellphone novel style of story telling.  Practically, this allows me to write farther ahead, and not let story lines get away from me (the way that Love Rescue and Melody of Light had, but I'll discuss this at a later date). Since I am moving to posts five days a week, this is the most practical way for me to manage the different series.  For me as a writer, I have found myself enjoying this style of story telling, and have found my stories flourishing the more I experiment.

SO! Lots of changes as we head into 2015.  I'll also be making some more cosmetic changes to site, which will make reading the older serials easier.

Thank you all for sticking around with my stories for so long, and I hope you stick around and enjoy the new direction that Accidental Demon Slayers is moving in as well as the new series!

So, the new schedule will be:

Monday & Friday - Letters from the Dead (part 1 of The Suffering Cycle) 
Wednesday- Ruins (part 1 of The ReBirth Cycle)
Tuesdays & Thursdays - Eye See You 



-Much love!
Bobby Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment