Monday, May 2, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 5

The first date happened two days later. Again, Dante surprised me, and it still involved breaking and entering, but at least I wasn’t sleeping when he did it.

I had gotten home from work, and found him in my kitchen, using the pots and pans that Gus and I had never actually bothered to use.

“Welcome home,” he said. He turned to me and smiled.

I wanted to be angry, but whatever he was cooking smelled amazing. My stomach let out a loud growl, and any chance I had of looking stern or mad quickly faded away.

“Gus didn’t see see you, did he?” I leaned against the entryway to the kitchen.

Dante shook his head. “I waited until after he left for work.” He glanced at me, biting his lip. “I just wanted to do something special for you, and… well… you aren’t mad, right?”

I just shook my head.

He smiled, and went back to cooking. “Could you set the table? This should be ready in a few minutes.”

“Want me to pop a bottle of wine, or something?” I asked. “We should have some lying around here.”

“Already have one open on the table.” He glanced over his shoulder and smiled.

I had to admit, this was actually really nice. Who knew a demon was capable of being so romantic? I wasn’t entirely relaxed. I mean, he was a demon, so who the hell knew what could go wrong, but still…


It had been a while since I had been out with someone, and Dante was cute…

No comments:

Post a Comment