Monday, May 30, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 9

Dante and I sat on the couch, our clothes hastily put on and ruffled. Regina and Missy were glaring at us, their faces red both with anger and embarrassment.

“Nando, how could you?” The disappointment on Missy’s face was intense. “He’s a… he’s a demon. Do know the risks you are taking when you have sex with a demon? Did you even use protection? Holy water? A crucifix? A book of exorcism rights? I mean, if you are going to sleep with a demon, you need to be safe.”

“Dante, do you really want to screw up everything I’m working on here?” Regina was laying into her brother. “Gus would never talk to me again if my idiot brother stole his best friend’s soul.”

“I wasn’t going to steal his soul.” Dante was looking at his hands. He didn’t seem amused, or playful. He seemed… well, he seemed genuinely upset. “I was just trying to have a nice, normal night. No soul sucking, no dark magic. I just wanted a… nice… normal…”

Then the tears started.

These were the type of tears that only a pro could fake. Thick rivers ran down Dante’s cheeks, and his shoulders shook with each and every sob.

Without thinking I reached out and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close. He clung to me, the tears coming stronger now.

“I tried so hard… to make… tonight special. I tried so hard.” He glanced up at me, his eyes red from crying so hard.

“It was special.” I smiled at him. “It was one of the best dates I’ve been on in a very long time.”

“Really?” He was still crying, but at least he was smiling now. “So, do I get a second one?”

I nodded. “Of course.”

Missy and Regina were watching us, their jaws hanging slack.

“So…” Regina cleared her throat, “you weren’t trying to steal his soul?”

Dante just shook his head.

“I still think you should carry some holy water around with you, Nando.” Missy crossed her arms. “Just in case.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” I said, “but I don’t think I’ll need it.”

I looked over at Dante, who had stopped crying, and was now using the sleeve of his shirt to wipe away the tears that were drying on his cheeks. He was smiling.


It was one of the most honest smiles I have ever seen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment