Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Eye See You: Luke pt. 7

She will start seeing things, I explain to her.

The closer to the top of the list you get the more you see. 

It had started happening to me when I reached number two.  It started as shadows.  They grew thicker as time went on. They took shape.  They looked almost human, but slightly off. 

Some were too thin, or too tall.  One had the shape of three heads.

When I had reached the top of the list I could see their faces.  Those hollow, rotted eyes were watching me. 

I didn’t see them all the time, though.    Just in glimpses, in passing, out of the corner of my eye. 

Bella listens to me, not speaking, tears running down her face, and Randy stroking her back. 

I look at her. 

How long does she have?

Her sanity is shredded, and her nerves are shot. 


I wonder if she would take care of things before the he/she/it had a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment