Friday, February 27, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 20

“He’s right.  I knew how he felt.”
Sebastian was chewing his lower lip now.
“I knew how he felt, and I led him on.  I was a shit to him. Used him to get off.”
He kept chewing. 

I could see a little dribble of blood seep past his teeth. 

Sebastian looked at my. 
He didn’t look like the shithead punk I was so used to.
No, he looked like a scared child.

“He was my best friend, and I used him.”
He laughed.
“Fuck, he’s probably the only person who ever really loved me.”
His laughter turned into sobs. 

I did something I never did, not with any of the students. 
I hugged him.
I hugged him because I knew the guilt that he was carrying inside, and that he would probably carry for a real long time.

Then something clicked in my head.
A connection.

Our guilt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment