Thursday, February 19, 2015

Eye See You: Luke pt. 8

Bella cried herself to sleep, and finally Randy and I had a moment alone. 

He rushed me, wrapping his arms around me.  The fear poured out of him in tears and sobs. 

I kissed him, my own tears mixing with his as our cheeks brushed against each other. 

How quickly the threat of the end could come, ever present. 

It hung over us, mocking us, laughing at us as we tried to form a relationship. 

We slip into my bedroom.  We make love, doing our best to be quiet. 

I feel ashamed to be giving into my more carnal needs, as someone who was just given a death sentence sleeps in the other room, but my body is no longer under the control of my mind, but instead of my heart. 

I was given more time.  Randy and I were given more time. 

I couldn’t waste it. 


Especially now that his name was above mine on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment