Thursday, May 7, 2015

Eye See You: The Last Days of Janelle pt. 18

When he looks in the mirror I cannot see his face.
Let me rephrase that.
I cannot see his real face.

When he looks in the mirror I see him the way he sees himself.
His face is stark white, two small horns jutting from his forehead.
His eyes are a vibrant red, and his teeth are stubby fangs.

He is a monster, and he knows it.

Today, while he stares at himself, he begins to talk to me.

“You think you can fish around in there, and there won’t be consequences? I may not be able to hurt you, not yet, but I can make other suffer.”

Drool drips from his white, cracked lips.


“I was going to go easy on her, but now… now I’m angry. Just know that everything that happens from here on out is your fault.”

I know he isn't bluffing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment