Monday, May 25, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 45

After the police, and the reporters had come and gone, and after all the shocked, terrified and crying students had been sent home, I went to my office. 

Bobby and Ashtyn tried to come with me, but I stopped them at my office door. 
I just needed a moment to myself. 

In a short period of time I had become connected to Sebastian.
We shared something. 
He had opened up to me. 

I couldn’t save him. 

When I closed the door I didn’t bother to turn the lights on.
The tears came fast and furious.  I was on my knees sobbing, clutching at my dress, ripping at the fabric. 

No ghost had killed Sebastian. 
He had done it himself, but someone, or some thing had pushed him to that.

When I was able to control myself I stood, flipping on the office lights.  

There was a new letter sitting on my desk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment