Monday, May 4, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 39

It was the day of prom. 
The school was bustling.
Students were excited.
I… I was trying to keep on my game face.

I hadn’t received any new letters.
Sebastian was doing better.
He was even back at school. 
I admit that I was keeping an eye on him.
He was smiling and laughing and making plans like all of the other kids.
His smile seemed shaky to me.
His laugh seemed forced.
He was doing the same thing I was.
He was pretending like everything was back to normal.

There was only one time I saw a flash of the scared, blood-splattered kid I had seen that day in his bathroom.

He was talking to a fellow student.
She was short, petite, and pretty with short black hair and serious eyes.
She only said two words to him, but they were enough to make his eyes go wide

No comments:

Post a Comment