Monday, May 11, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 41

I had asked Bobby and Ashtyn to help with the dance. 
Clare would have come to, but apparently she was on her honeymoon. 

“I’ll keep an eye on Sebastian.  Ashtyn will stick by you.”
Bobby was sitting in the chair across from my desk.  Ashtyn sat next to him.

I was pretending to shuffle through some papers, hoping that neither of them could see the growing terror in my eyes.

I glanced at the clock.
It was past seven.
The kids would be showing up soon. 

I stood, smoothing down my dress. 
It felt odd to be wearing something so formal at school, but it was part of the package.
Everyone dressed up for prom, even the teachers.
Even the members of Demon Slayers Inc. 

Bobby ran his finger along his collar, the bow tie to his tux was obviously bothering him.

I reminded him that he could have worn a suit.

“I’m paid for this damn thing to wear at Clare’s wedding.  Might as well get a few more events out of it.”
He laughed.

“Alright, lets get this show on the road.”

No comments:

Post a Comment