Monday, May 18, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 43

Leah joined Ashtyn and I by the door. 
She was holding a cup of punch, and I could smell the booze as it wafted off of the cloudy, red liquid. 

I gave her a look. 

“What? I’m expected to get through this night sober?”
She took a sip.
“I couldn’t even manage that when I went to my own prom.”

The dance floor was filling up. 
Music was being blasted through two large speakers on the other side of the room.
Students were dancing, laughing. 
It looked perfect. 

Prom was in full swing. 
Still no Cherish. 
Still no…

The lights dimmed.  A spot came on, pointing towards the makeshift stage that housed the DJ. 

Sebastian was standing there, his thick bandages clashing with his crisp tux. 
He was smiling.
He looked just like he had when I last saw him in the hospital.

When he spoke the speakers carried his voice.

“Tommy… I saved you a dance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment