Thursday, August 13, 2015

Eye See You: Randy Connects pt. 16

It was Luke.
He was calling. 
I wiped my mouth with my forearm and answered. 

“I saw the video.  Are you okay?”
I didn’t know how to answer that.
I told him that I had called the cops.
“Get out of there.”
Why?
“Just get out of there. Be as far away from that place as possible when the police show up.”  He paused. “Come over.  Bring Dave with you.  We can hide out until the heat dies down.”

He was being so calm.
It didn’t reassure me.  It made me feel more uneasy. 
How could he be so calm? If he saw the video, then he saw what had happened.  He saw the sheer hatred and violence in how Bella was killed.

He was cool and collected. 
I didn’t want to go to him.  I was suddenly scared of him.

What other choice did I have, though?

No comments:

Post a Comment