Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Eye See You: Randy Connects pt. 19

The message came while I was half asleep on Luke’s couch. 
He hadn’t come out of the bathroom for a while, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t make out any part of his conversation. 
So I let the shock and exhaustion take me over, and I collapsed. 

The vibration of the phone woke me up. 
I had almost forgotten that Dave had given me the phone back to me when we found…

It was another message from Janelle.

Bella wasn’t part of the original game.  There’s a new game master.

What the hell did that even mean?
The message made me think again about how I still hadn’t received a new list or video. 

Luke said he got the video though…
I glanced around the living room, then got up and checked the bedroom.
No cellphone.
It was probably on him.

I didn’t like where all this was leading me.  I didn’t like doubting the one man who had been my only support since this whole thing started. 

My trust in him was shaken, but I still loved him. 
Was this someone trying to warn me, or was this just another part of the game?

I couldn’t tell anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment