Monday, August 3, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 65

I howled when the spike made contact with my right wrist, easily parting the flesh and imbedding itself into the wooden arm of the cross.  Agonizing pain shot up my arm.

The world flashed white, but it didn’t fade.

Another loud whoosh, and suddenly more pain was firing up my left arm.
Whatever force had been holding me up finally let me go, and my body began to drop, only being stopped by the two railroad spikes that pinned my arms to the cross behind me.

It became difficult to breath, and the world became foggy.
A hard crack across my face snapped me back to consciousness.

“Not yet.”
Cherish laughed.

I shook my head, pained tears pouring down my cheeks. 
No.
The word came out as a choked croak.

“Yes.”
Cherish’s laugh grew louder.

I didn’t need to look up to know where the next spike was going.
I just closed my eyes and hoped that I would eventually pass out from the pain.

Fifteen minutes later I finally did.

I was grateful that I never woke up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment