Thursday, August 27, 2015

Eye See You: Randy Connects pt. 20

We lay together in bed.  Luke was out cold, unmoving.
I couldn’t fall asleep. 
My mind was racing, going over everything that had happened recently.
Something had changed.
Something about the game was different.
Something about Luke was different.

I just needed to know what it was. 

I glanced at the dresser. 
Luke’s phone sat next to his wallet. 
All I needed to do was check.
If the video was there then that meant at least he wasn’t lying to me.

I slipped out of bed as gently as possible and crept across the room.
I picked up his phone, and stepped into the living room. 

The lack of passcode was a positive sign.
I checked his messages.
I scrolled down a bit to find the one I was looking for. 
The one marked Unknown Sender. 
I tap on it.
The last message was weeks ago.
There is no video.  

My heart sinks and my stomach tightens into a knot.
He lied.

“Find what you’re looking for?”
Luke’s voice freezes me in place.

I don’t even get a chance to turn around before I feel a sudden pain in the back of my head. 

The room goes black.
The last thing I hear before I slip into unconsciousness is Luke’s voice. 


“I’m doing this for you, Randy.  I’m doing this for us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment