Thursday, August 20, 2015

Eye See You: Randy Connects pt. 18

“What text?”
The question was out before the door even closed.

Lying to him wouldn’t help my situation, so I showed him.
He read it, his brow furrowed, the muscles between his eyebrows creating two tight L’s.  I saw his eyes scan the short message multiple times.

“It’s a hoax.  Has to be.”
He handed my phone back.

I couldn’t believe that.  Who would even know to send me a message using Janelle’s number?  Who would know we were even connected?

Something in the way his eyes narrowed and his lips tightened told me not to press the issue. 
The text bugged him.  That much was obvious. 

A few minutes later he vanished into the bathroom, and I could hear him talking to himself.

What the fuck was going on with him? Where was the Luke I knew? Where was the Luke who had helped me through all of this? 

I glanced down at my cellphone.
Something else was wrong.


Where was the video and new list?

No comments:

Post a Comment