Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Ruins pt. 32

The tree cover grew thicker, blotting out the sun for long stretches. 
I could hear something in the distance. 
It was familiar, but unexpected.

Birds.

I could hear birds.

“There are animals in here?”
Kay’s voice seemed to shake with joy.
“Real, live animals?”

“Yep.  The ones that survived during the first wave migrated here.  The climate is fairly controlled and temperate, so a variety of species are now cohabitating comfortably here.”
She looked around at the forest.
“I’ve even noticed the forest adapting itself to better accommodate specific types of wildlife.”

It sounded like a Garden of Eden.
I didn’t mean to, but I said those words out loud. 

She laughed.
“I guess that’s why we named it that.”

I looked at her, my mouth agape.


We were in the new Garden of Eden.

No comments:

Post a Comment