Friday, May 16, 2014

The Halfway Point

So, we have officially reached the halfway point of Daughter of Darkness.  I actually have the arc completed (the story ended up being 40 parts!), and I have to say, I'm very pleased with how it's turned out.  I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, and I hope you are ready for a few twists waiting on the horizon.  Also, just a little heads up.  Starting with Monday's post, the story starts to get a little more extreme, as far as the horrific content goes.  So, prepare yourself.

I'm already working on the next arc for the series, and I'll be posting a bit more on that as we get closer.  I can say this, it will not be as dark as Experiments or Daughter.  Both of the arcs, which I really am happy with, took the characters to hell and back, and I think it's about time they got a little break, and a chance to heal up emotionally and physically! Plus, I'm giving the tentacles a rest for this story.  I think they've done enough damage, don't you? So, look for the next arc to start in mid-July, following the conclusion of Daughter of Darkness.  

If you haven't noticed, I like to write and schedule way ahead (I currently have posts scheduled up to August).  Why?  When life takes over, I don't have to worry about taking any super long hiatuses.  That also means that I can assure you guys, the readers, that arcs will be completed.  There are few things more frustrating then starting a series, getting into it, and then just having it stop.  Not end, but just stop, as if the author has lost interest.  Posting this way means that there will be an ending, and that posts can keep on coming.  It also means that I don't have to rush to complete posts, and make the story suffer as a result.

It is a little odd for me, though, because I have to remind myself that my posts are months behind what I've already written.  I have to make sure I don't post any accidental spoilers!

So, please keep reading, and hopefully enjoying, the world of Accidental Demon Slayers!

I am going to make a little note here about Alternate Lives.  I'm working on the game, but the main reason it has not been released yet is because I am not very happy with it.  While the story idea is good, it just doesn't feel like it's really ready.  That excitement that I felt for the first Accidental Demon Slayers game just isn't there. As I go over the game, it just feels like something is missing, or off. While I would love to get the game completed, I also don't want to release something that I don't feel is really ready to be released.  This is one of those times where I wish I worked with other people, because I think what the game really needs is a different view point.  The story is told from such a different perspective then the first game (all the main characters are female), and while there are parts that I think truly shine, other parts just feel rushed and clunky.  That's the kicker about being a one man team.  You get total control, but when things start going wrong, it all falls on you to make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment