Thursday, April 23, 2015

Eye See You: The Last Days of Janelle pt. 14

I can slip into his mind, and he is none the wiser.
He does not sense me, or he doesn’t care.
I can do more than just read his thoughts.  I can feel, taste and touch them.
They are rough, bitter and painful. I want to pull back, but I don’t. I need to know.
Why?
Why did I have to die? Why did any of the others have to die?
There are more, so many more than I ever thought. 
I dig into his mind, into his thoughts, his reasons and actions.

Why?
I search deeper. Past the childhood trauma, and the lonely adolescence.

The world is a game.
To him the world is a game, and the people in it his toys to play with. 
We are not lives to him, but puppets to be manipulated.

He, like me, is part of the data stream.
Unlike me, he chose to enter it.
Unlike me, he still has a human form.
Unlike me, he is still alive.


And his game continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment