Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Ruins pt. 18

The darkness is complete and absolute. 
I keep moving forward, at least I think I am. 

I can’t see Nora, but I can feel her weight in my arms.
I can hear the others, yelling for each other.

I fumble with my bag, finding a flashlight I had grabbed back at the department store. I hit the switch.
It still works.

The darkness is like smoke, swirling and swallowing the beam of the light in front of me. 
Things are moving around me.  I can’t see them. 
I keep moving forward.  I have no choice.

I find the wall, and use it as my guide.  It grounds me, gives me a way to move. 

I hear a low growl, and I freeze. 
My breath catches in my throat. 

I see a face in front of me, twisted and demonic. It smiles.

“Deus occultus!”
It’s voice is a shriek.


It watches me for a moment, and then it’s gone, and I’m running even faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment