Monday, April 13, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 33

I found a picture.
There were five nuns, their heads lowered, hiding from the camera.
The photo was worn and yellowed with age, and the image wasn’t all that clear to begin with. 

“Can I see that?”
I handed the photo to Bobby. 
He pulled out his phone and snapped a picture.
“I’ll send it to Ashtyn, see what she can find out.”

I took the photo back, looking at the nuns… the Sisters.
Were they the ones?
It was just a feeling, but deep down I knew that they were the Sisters of Suffering.
I examined what I could see of their faces.

One of them, the youngest of the five, looked oddly familiar to me.
I couldn’t place her face, but I felt like I had seen her before.

Bobby collected a few more documents from the orderly, makeshift office, and we headed back upstairs.

I didn’t see Cherish this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment