Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ruins pt. 15

We start down what used to be State Street, heading towards the bridge that leads to the highway out of the city. 

If this was some fantasy novel, or dystopian film we might refer to our destination as the ‘Far Away’, or ‘The Great Colony’.

In my world, our world, our destination was still just the suburbs.

As we walk towards the bridge I glance at the scattered destruction around us.  Cars are still on the street, all of them looking like some never ending traffic jam.  Bags and other personal belongs, and a few decaying bodies of those who had been killed first, litter the sidewalks.

How quickly my old life had vanished. 
One day I was worried about the final in my Ancient History class, and the next…


I turn my eyes to the road, trying to block the memories of my before, and instead focus on my current.

No comments:

Post a Comment