Monday, April 20, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 35

After school I decided to visit Sebastian.

He had never been one of my favorite students.
Mostly, he stayed off my radar.
Now we shared something. 

I had changed my clothes, not wanting him to see his own dried blood splattered on me.

When I entered his room he was alone.
His parents had already left.

When he looked at me he both seemed older and younger.
His body was worn and tired.
His skin was so pale it was almost translucent.
He had deep bags under his bloodshot eyes.

It was the way that he looked at me that reminded me of a child.
He looked excited.
He was smiling.
It was a stark contrast to his current situation, the two large bandages across his wrists as a reminder of what he had tried to do only hours before. 

“I got another note from Tommy!”
He had a piece of paper clutched in his hand.
“I can’t wait to see him again. I’ve missed him so much since he left.” 

He giggled.

His brain had finally snapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment