Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Eye See You: Randy pt. 23

There was another lull.  No texts, no photos, no videos. 

Things, for a few weeks, seemed normal.

Bella acted like nothing was going on. She was growing distant though.

Luke…

Luke cooked me dinner.  It wasn’t great, but the gesture was sweet. 

We sat on the hardwood floor of his studio apartment.  We drank a bottle of wine.  He played music.  We talked.  We didn’t talk about “it”.  We kissed, we touched, we…

I had lost track of how long we had been together.  A couple of weeks? A month?

He made the anxiety go away.  He made my life feel like normal again.  He…

He was smiling. 

Lying on a mattress on the floor, a thin gray blanket wrapped around the two of us. He smiled. 

“I love you.”  He whispered.
He kissed me.
I loved him, too.

In his arms I slept.

Peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment