Monday, January 26, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 11

“Tommy DeMarco was gay?”
Leah looks at me, stunned.

We had decided to stop off in a small bar in downtown Wheaton.
It was Thursday, and the place was dead.
We picked a table towards the back, away from the small gaggle of businessmen looking for a little extramarital extra credit. 

I had told Leah everything Sebastian had told me. 

“Maybe that was why he acted out so much. Not like Wheaton Prep is the most welcoming atmosphere. A true conservative red blip in a solid, true blue liberal state.” 

When she was done dealing with the revelation about Tommy DeMarco, I told her about my letters.

I wasn’t looking forward to the question I knew would come.

“So, who exactly is Cherish DuPree?”

That was the first thing out of her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment