Monday, January 19, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 9

I ask him what the letter means.

“I was with him, the night he…”
Sebastian starts chewing on his lip.
“He was so wasted. Fucked up… I mean, high. Sorry.  He was high, too. Took some pills someone had swiped from their parents.”

I wasn’t happy with what I was hearing, but it was about what I had expected, considering how things ended.
Not even Wheaton Prep could escape drug fueled, beer soaked parties. 

“That night he walked in on me and…”
He looks at me, and I could see his brain deciding if he should leave out any details or not.
“He caught me with this girl. He got super pissed, and I thought it was because he had the hots for her.”

He paused.
“He didn’t.  He had the hots for me. He just blurted it out. Didn’t even give me a chance to say anything to him.  He just screamed that he loved me, and then he was gone.  Then he was really gone.”


And now, it seemed, that he was coming back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment