Friday, January 30, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 12

I never knew where to start when it came to Cherish.

We had know each other since we were babies. 
Our mothers were friends.
We had been in the same class together since the first grade.
We were like sisters. 

Then high school happened.

We grew apart. It was just a normal part of growing up. 
We still talked, though.  We hung out.  I still considered her my best friend, and I think she felt the same. 

She started dating a guy, a real piece of work. 
I could see that he was bad news from the moment he showed up.
Cherish was blinded by love. 

On prom night we double dated.
It didn’t go well.
Her boyfriend was being a jackass, and I said something to him about it.
At first he did nothing. 
That night, after the dance and the house parties, he decided to take it out on Cherish.  

They found her the next morning, hanging from a tree outside of our school. 
Her boyfriend skipped town.

They never found him.

No comments:

Post a Comment